Travel Site Offers Free Crypto for Customers to Book Hotels in Singapore

Asia Blockchain Review
July 5, 2019

Travala.com, a hotel booking site, is giving customers free cryptocurrency for simply making a booking or leaving a review on the site.  By using the site, users receive AVA tokens, which come in the form of loyalty points.

As reported by Business Insider, customers can trade in these points for discounts of up to 40% off their next booking. Notably, the cash value of these points fluctuates due to being actual cryptocurrency, which in turn affects the discount received by users.

In addition to 15 cryptocurrencies, the site also accepts payments for bookings through PayPal or credit card.

Millennial Crypto Investors are Spending More on Travel

Matt Luczynski, founder of Travala.com, said 70% of the approximately 10,000 bookings made on the site were paid with cryptocurrency, while the other 30% were paid using PayPal. The site currently has about 16,000 users worldwide, most of whom are millennials between the ages of 24 and 35, he added.

Luczynski also said the users are likely cryptocurrency investors looking to spend their digital tokens on travel experiences, as his site is one of the few that allow crypto to be spent on such services. 

Singapore and Thailand are Top Destinations for Customers

 

Singapore in particular has been a popular destination among Travala.com customers, with the city-state’s properties accounting for about 200 of the site’s 600 to 1,000 monthly bookings and Singapore hotels comprising a staggering 90% of the luxury bookings.

Nevertheless, Thailand currently remains the most popular destination for Travala.com customers overall, owing to the kingdom’s high number of budget accommodation bookings.


About Asia Blockchain Review

Asia Blockchain Review is the largest initiative for media and community building in Asia for blockchain technology. It aims to connect all blockchain enthusiasts on a regional scale and facilitate the technological foundation of blockchain through a range of group discussions, technical workshops, conferences, and consulting programs.

Our goal is to cultivate and encourage a collaborative community for our members to gather, share their experiences and endeavors in the blockchain space, and brainstorm the potential uses of blockchain technology.

Follow Asia Blockchain Review on:

    Related Article
    Covid-19 is A Wake Up Call: Infinity Blockchain Labs Taiwan Explains
    Get more insights on the bandwagon of adapting towards the future technology of transparency to trac...

    May 29, 2020

    Transparency and Traceability of the Future Technology
    ABR recently had a chat with Steve Nam, the Managing Director of WOWTRACE on authenticity and transp...

    May 29, 2020

    Vottun Takes The Road Less Travelled
    We got to catch up with Rohan Hall, Founder/CTO/CEO Vottun USA, to share his thoughts on his firm’s ...

    May 28, 2020

    MAHSA University on Blockchain: Exclusive Interview with Dr Saad Musbah
    ABR recently spoke to the Head of Student Central and Senior Lecturer at MAHSA University, Dr. Saad ...

    May 27, 2020

    We provide information about Asia Blockchain Review latest activities as well as global blockchain news and research. Subscribe to our Newsletter now or Contact us